Its that time of the year! We are looking forward to turn a page and embark on something new. What better way than setting up a new year resolution to do that! Weight loss, exercising 5 days a week, changing a job, almost everyone makes these new year resolution only to keep up with it for a week or may be for a month. Very few really stick to it and achieve. The reason is, we often set up things we know we wont be able to stick to.
How about going for a resolution which is easier to stick to? I am listing out few resolution ideas which I am sure you will find it easier to stick to. Some of them will bring you positivity, some of them are pure joy and some of them will challenge your body, mind and patience. Take your pick.
- Think of three things that you are grateful for the day, lying in your bed every night.
- Try a new recipe every 15 days
- Order a pizza on every 10th of the month
- Read 5 best selling books or decide a number of books that you will read for the year
- Go meatless for a day once a week, if you are vegetarian go dairy free once a week
- Call up someone, not necessarily same person, from your in-laws side every month. (this is challenging but benefits far outweighs the efforts)
- Agree with everything your spouse and children have to say once a week. Do not disclose the day you plan to do this. It needs to shock them. Am I being aggressive with once a week target? Then make it 15 days.
- Write at least 5 lines every day about your day. Handwritten diaries are more fun but an app on your phone will do equally good. They are fun to read.
- Stay away from youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, snapchat once a week. (This one is for people who really like challenges)
- Do not share , react or comment on any political issue mail, forward.
- Visit historical or famous places in you city or nearby places. Be a tourist in your own city.
- On the occasion of every family member’s birthday, donate money or food
- Give up white flour
- Walk 6000 steps every day
- Don’t use lift till 5th floor of a building or use stairs at least once a day
- Work on running for 5 km. It need not be a race. Do it for pure joy.
- Start your Youtube channel , blog or Instagram handle. Showcase your best skills, hobby.
- Plan for a certain amount to save for the year and work on it
- When you buy a new outfit give away one old outfit from your wardrobe
- Make a list of 12 things that make you happy and do one every month for the year
- Make a list of people whom you really appreciate and look up to and send a note to them mentioning why you admire them on their birthdays.
I hope you agree these ideas are not very difficult and easy to stick to. Some of them will become a habit, some will become a tradition, some will improve your relationships and some will give you joy.
Let 2021 be the year of positivity and resolutions that you can stick to. Happy new year!