My last blog was on April 24. I just couldn’t bring myself to sit and blog!Not even the writing prompt that I really enjoy. I was struggling with bloggers block. I am not calling it a writers block simply because I was writing and every day. It is just that I was not writing what I could share so I am calling it a bloggers block.
I would see some readers coming in and liking my previous blogs and I was happy that I was still getting traffic, but still could not bring myself to share something.
Everyone is going through something or the other with pandemic. Being in India things are scary right now. Last month, in a matter of twelve hours I heard about six deaths. There was continuous barrage of bad news on TV , social media, Whatsapp messages . Strangely , the usually irritating Good morning messages have also disappeared. There doesn’t seem to be any good about mornings anymore. The pandemic is claiming near and dear ones and it is very depressing.
But today morning, all of a sudden everything changed and finally I wanted to sit and blog. It has been a process though. I have been consciously trying to do different things that will cheer me up and bring me back on track. Life is hard for all of us these days and there is something or the other we are keeping at the back burner because we just don’t feel like it. So what are the things that I did that helped me to feel happy and back on track ?
- Not forcing myself – I did not force myself to do things which I didn’t want to do. I consciously said no to things. It made me feel in control.
- Maintain a gratitude list – I wrote 10 things for which I am grateful for every day and continue to do so. It can be same things everyday or it can be different. I have thanked Big Bang Theory for being so funny! So anything that has brought you some relief and happiness , express your gratitude!
- I ate : I ate a lot of healthy food and also unhealthy foods. No guilt!
- I got back to reading : I have a target of reading 15 books this year and I have read 7 of them . I am probably exceeding my target this year.
- Exercise – I exercised almost every day.
- Gardening – I have been tending to my plants and today morning it was a beautiful site with nice and fresh blooms and thats what made me feel to sit and share. I have attached pictures.
This is probably not my best blog but its special because it got me back to the groove. Hope you enjoyed it and have a lovey day!
2 thoughts on “Overcoming Bloggers Block”
Nice one Kavita. Nature esp greenery can sure lift spirits. Your positive attitude actually holds the key. It’s your teeny weeny grove that got you in your familiar groove
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for reading Sonali and yes nature has magical effects